Create a searchable database from your MEDLINE, CINAHL, and PsycINFO search results. Use that database to insert citations and create bibliographies in your papers in just minutes. Reformat your paper for submission to a new journal in seconds. Learn how to do all of this and more by attending one of our hands-on, RefWorks Basic Training Classes. Those who attend will create their own RefWorks accounts through the McGoogan Library’s RefWorks site license. The RefWorks Basic Training Class will be offered on:
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 — 1 t0 2:30 p.m. (Instructor Brian Erb)
- Tuesday, Oct. 26 — 9 to 10:30 a.m. (Instructor Cindy Schmidt)
- Wednesday, Nov. 24 — 1 to 2:30 p.m. (Instructor Brian Erb)
- Friday, Dec. 10 — 9 to 10:30 a.m. (Instructor Cindy Schmidt)
The class is open to all UNMC faculty, staff and students. Pre-registration is required. Please e-mail Cindy Schmidt to pre-register for a class or if you would like to arrange one-on-one instruction or additional classroom training sessions.
In order to maintain compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy, NIH program directors (PDs) and principal investigators (PIs) registered in eRA Commons must soon manage their professional bibliographies using the My Bibliography feature in My NCBI. As of July 23, 2010, PD/PIs will be unable to enter citations manually into eRA Commons and must use My Bibliography.
For detailed information, see:
To schedule one-on-one or group instruction on the use of MyNCBI, please contact Brian Erb at firstname.lastname@example.org or 559-8079.
MDConsult recently announced that CME credit can be earned through Point of Care and Cyberounds. You must first create a personal account within MDConsult and be signed in to that account during the entire process in order to receive CME credit.
Point of Care CME can be earned when you access information in MDConsult. After you read the information, click the Request CME link to fill out a brief questionnaire to obtain 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from the Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education.
Cyberounds CME contains nearly 200 Grand Round activities within 15 specialties. Administered by the Cyberounds® Committee at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, you can earn up to 5.0 hours of Category 1 credit at no charge. (As of this posting, there have been connectivity problems with Cyberounds).
With your MDConsult personal account, you can also access MDConsult Mobile on your smartphone; however, CME credit cannot be earned from within the mobile interface.
For more information, please see the MDConsult CME website or view this brief tutorial.
MDConsult is available to UNMC faculty, staff, and students.
Archives are now available for the Copyright Essentials for Faculty webinar series that was shown on the Omaha UNMC campus in April. Faculty and non-faculty alike face copyright challenges in and out of the classroom and when publishing research. As part of National Library Week activities, McGoogan Library and the UNMC Compliance Office sponsored a series of three webinars covering copyright and fair use laws as they apply to teaching:
- Copyright for Classroom Teaching
- Copyright Regulation Outside the Classroom
- Faculty Rights Under Copyright Law
Links to all webinars, copies of original presentation materials, and links to surveys for your feedback can be found here (off-campus access will require login). Faculty, instructional support personnel and other academic administration professionals may find the webinars useful. These webinars are available for viewing online until June 22.
Communities Thrive @ McGoogan Library
McGoogan Library is THE community library for UNMC and The Nebraska Medical Center. Let us know how we can best serve your information needs and join the celebration for National Library Week!
Monday, April 12
- Book ‘sale’ begins – located at the Circulation Desk on the 6th floor of Wittson Hall, the ‘sale’ runs April 12 through April 30. Items offered for “donations only” include fiction and leisure reading titles. Visit McGoogan and pick up your summer reading! Donations benefit Fontenelle Elementary School Library.
- Copyright Essentials for Faculty webinar series Session 1: Copyright for Classroom Teaching. Sponsored by the UNMC Compliance office and the McGoogan Library, this series addresses copyright challenges faced by faculty and staff. Join us in the Sorrell Center Amphitheater from Noon until 1:30pm. Can’t make it? Contact email@example.com for information on how to access the archived webinar series.
Tuesday, April 13
- Take a break, courtesy of the McGoogan Library – microwave popcorn packages will be given away at the College of Nursing, Student Life Center, School of Allied Health, Sorrell Center, and College of Pharmacy. (Popcorn will be mailed to the College of Dentistry, and College of Nursing campuses across Nebraska on April 8). Take a break, and check out the new mobile and social services offered on the McGoogan homepage: http://www.unmc.edu/library
Wednesday, April 14
- Copyright Essentials for Faculty webinar series Session 2: Copyright Regulation Outside the Classroom. Sponsored by the UNMC Compliance office and the McGoogan Library, this series addresses copyright challenges faced by faculty and staff. Join us in the Sorrell Center Amphitheater from Noon until 1:30pm. Can’t make it? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to access the archived webinar series.
Friday, April 16
- Copyright Essentials for Faculty webinar series Session 3: Faculty Rights Under Copyright Law. Sponsored by the UNMC Compliance office and the McGoogan Library, this series addresses copyright challenges faced by faculty and staff. Join us in the Sorrell Center Amphitheater from Noon until 1:30pm. Can’t make it? Contact email@example.com for information on how to access the archived webinar series.