As of Friday, May 22, 3D print requests will be limited to academic, clinical, and research objects. Library staff will have the discretion to determine if an object meets one of those three areas. If an object is questionable, staff will notify the requester for clarification of the objects intent.
Summer is time to catch up on your reading, no matter where you are. BrowZine is an app, licensed by the library, the allows you to read library subscribed journals on your tablet or smartphone. Simply download the free app, set your institution to University of Nebraska Medical Center, and log in with your UNMC Net ID to access thousands of full-text journals.
Don’t want to sift through thousands of journals each time you view the app? No problem! Set up a bookshelf!
Not sure when new articles are published in your favorite journals? Get push notifications!
The app is available on all iPads, iPhones, and iPod Touch devices running iOS 7.x and above, Android Tablets and Smartphones with OS v4.1+, and Kindle Fire HD Tablets.
Watch the video to see BrowZine in action.
You’ve presented a poster at a conference. Around the world, others have found your abstract and would like to view the poster, but unfortunately it may not be available. Now is your chance to increase the visibility of your work and share it worldwide. The library can host your poster in UNMC’s institutional repository, DigitalCommons@UNMC. The repository is indexed in Google and Google Scholar, making your work easy to find. Additionally, you will receive monthly usage reports and can obtain more in-depth metrics in the Author Dashboard.
What if I plan on writing an article based on the poster? Posters are generally not perceived as prior publication, though embargoes are available within our system.
Does the conference have copyright over my poster? Most conferences do not require a copyright transfer. The poster remains under your copyright. However, some conferences may hold the right of first publication and thus the poster cannot be deposited in the repository. The library can help you investigate these issues.
To learn more about submitting your poster, please email us at email@example.com.
The library’s Summer hours start May 11. Please note the following hours:
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Sunday, 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- The 5-minute urology consult editor-in-chief, Leonard G. Gomella, MD, FACS, The Bernard W. Goodwin Professor of Prostate Cancer, Chairman, Department of Urology, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Associate Director, Jefferson Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Clinical Director, Jefferson Sidney Kimmel Cancer Network, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania ; associate editors, Gerald Andriole, MD, FACS, [and six others]. WJ 39 F5652 2015
- Basic and clinical pharmacology edited by Bertram G. Katzung, associate editor Anthony J. Trevor. QV 4 B295 2015
- Biomechanics of sport and exercise Peter M. McGinnis. WE 103 M4788b 2013
- Browse’s introduction to the symptoms & signs of surgical disease edited by Kevin Burnand, John Black, Steven A. Corbett, William E.G. Thomas ; emeritus editor, Norman L. Browse. WO 141 B8858 2015
- The cardiology intensive board review editors, Leslie Cho, MD, FACC, Director, Women’s Cardiovascular Center, Section Head, Preventive Cardiology and Rehabilitation, Robert and Suzanne Tomisch Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, Brian P. Griffin, MD, FACC, John and Rosemary Brown Chair in Cardiovascular Medicine, Section Head, Cardiovascular Imaging, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio. WG 18.2 C2695 2015
- Case files. Cardiology Eugene C. Toy, Michael D. Faulx. WG 18.2 T7561c 2015
- Chest radiology : the essentials [editors,] Jannette Collins, Eric J. Stern WF 975 C712c 2015
- Control of communicable diseases manual David L. Heymann, editor. WC 100 C7646 2015
- Current diagnosis & treatment surgery edited by Gerard M. Doherty. WO 100 C976 2015
- Decision making in health and medicine: integrating evidence and values M.G. Myriam Hunink, Milton C. Weinstein, Eve Wittenberg, Michael F. Drummond, Joseph S. Pliskin, John B. Wong, Paul P. Glasziou. W 84.1 H937d 2014
- Fundamentals of nursing made incredibly easy! clinical editor, Tracy A. Taylor, MSN, RN. WY 100 F9812 2015
- Gross anatomy Kyung Won Chung, Harold M. Chung, Nancy L. Halliday. QS 18.2 C559g 2015
- Handbook of clinical nutrition and aging Connie Watkins Bales, Julie L. Locher, Edward Saltzman, editor. WT 115 H236 2015
- Histology: a text and atlas: with correlated cell and molecular biology Michael H. Ross, Wojciech Pawlina. QS 517 R825h 2016
- Hormones Anthony W. Norman, Helen L. Henry. WK 102 N842h 2015
- Kozier & Erb’s fundamentals of nursing: concepts, process, and practice Audrey Berman, Phd, RN, Professor, Dean, Nursing, Samuel Merritt University, Oakland, California, Shirlee Snyder, EdD, RN, former Dean and Professor, Nursing, Nevada State College, Nevada, and Geralyn Frandsen, EdD, RN, Professor of Nursing, Maryville University, St. Louis, Missouri. WY 100 K88f 2016
- Langman’s medical embryology T.W. Sadler ; computer illustrations by Susan L. Sadler-Redmond ; scanning electron micrographs by Kathy Tosney ; ultrasound images by Jan Byrne and Hytham Imseis. QS 604 L284m 2015
- Litt’s drug eruption & reaction manual Jerome Z. Litt, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, USA. WR 165 L776d 2015
- Molecular neuropharmacology: a foundation for clinical neuroscience Eric J. Nestler, Steven E. Hyman, David Holtzman. QV 76.5 M718 2015
- Nutrition and diagnosis-related care Sylvia Escott-Stump. WB 39 N976 2015
- Qualitative inquiry and research design: choosing among five approaches John W. Creswell H 62 C923q 2013
- The rat nervous system edited by George Paxinos. WL 101 R232 2015
- Social determinants of health: a comparative approach Alan Davidson WA 31 S67812 2015
- Step-up to USMLE step 1: 2015 Michael McInnis, Samir Mehta, Chris Lewis, Sonia Mehta, Sonul Mehta, Edmund A. Milder, Adam J. Mirarchi. WB 18.2 S827 2015
- Stoelting’s pharmacology and physiology in anesthetic practice Steven Shafer, James P. Rathmell, Pamela Flood. QV 81 S5251s 2015
- Transplantation of the liver [edited by] Ronald W. Busuttil, Goran B.G. Klintmalm. WI 770 T7725 2015
- Ultrasonography in gynecology edited by Botros R.M.B. Rizk, Elizabeth E. Puscheck. WP 141 U476 2015