In order to access the personal benefits of our University-wide subscription to UpToDate, including CME and mobile access, individual registration is required. If you have already registered with UpToDateyou will need to verify your account annually. You may get an email when your account is nearing a year old, stating something like this:
Verifying your affiliation is fast and easy: Simply log in to http://www.uptodate.com/login from the Nebraska Medical Center network with your UpToDate user name and password.
The library will be closed on Monday September 2 in honor of Labor Day.
Due to high demand, the library has added two new video resources to the collection just in time for the start of the school year.
This video atlas was originally intended to be used by individual medical and dental students. Because of its realism, simple language, and three-dimensional quality, the Video Atlas has become popular with students and teachers in many other fields and also with people not on a professional learning path who are looking for information about human anatomy.
Part of the JoVE video journal suite, JoVE Neuroscience includes techniques from a wide variety of fields, focusing on those intended to lend insight into the structure, function, physiology and pathophysiology of the central and peripheral nervous systems.
The trial is over; thank you for your feedback!
The library has decided to
a tablet application that allows you to browse, read, and monitor some of the library’s best journals, all from your iPad. Built to accompany your searching needs, items found in BrowZine can easily be synced up with Zotero, Dropbox or several other services to help keep all of your information together in one place.
To learn more, please take a look at this short two minute video:
To get started, search for “BrowZine” in the App Store on your Apple or Android device and download the app for free; when initially launching BrowZine, select ‘University of Nebraska Medical Center’ from the drop down list.
This service will continue to expand and add new titles and features as time goes on. A list of included publishers can be found here
. Remember to watch for notifications on your iPad or Android device that an update to BrowZine is available. If you have any questions about BrowZine please feel free to contact the library at firstname.lastname@example.org
The library is currently offering a trial of two resources, helpful to both instructors and students. Please review these resources and let us know what you think.
Thieme Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant is a presentation tool featuring thousands of stunning illustrations and clinical images from Gilroy et al. Atlas of Anatomy, Second Edition, which includes selected content from the Head and Neck Anatomy for Dental Medicine.
The Teaching Assistant platform enables instructors to enhance students’ learning experiences by incorporating dynamic visuals into lectures and course materials to present complex concepts with unprecedented clarity.
The Thieme Teaching Assistant allows you to:
- Export images as individual files or embedded into PowerPoint slides or PDFs
- Locate specific images using the search function
- Turn individual labels and leader lines “on” or “off” to prepare student study guides, handouts, tests and other materials for an individual image or a series of images
- Use the Teaching Assistant live in the classroom to magnify images and demonstrate
Thieme E-Book Library – educational E-Book platform
The Thieme E-Book Library is an acclaimed online collection of lavishly illustrated full-color downloadable textbooks from Thieme’s renowned Color Atlases and Flexibook series. It is exclusively available by institutional subscription. Each electronic book retains the outstanding educational utility of the print version, including exquisite full-color illustrations and instructive text – plus a powerful search function to help users easily locate topics across the entire collection.
This comprehensive electronic library covers every course in the medical school curriculum to help students, researchers and clinicians master critical subjects in medicine and the life sciences.
- Focused coverage of every clinical and scientific course in the medical school curriculum
- Practical two-page units featuring clear, concise text alongside full-color illustrations for easy reference and review
- Ideal course supplement, study companion, and refresher for students and educators
- Essential research resource for scientists and clinicians from every discipline
- Constant expansion keeps subscribers abreast of new topics
Access and Functionality
- User-friendly interface featuring high-quality full-color illustrations
- Download books quickly, save and read full-text downloads offline
- Easy navigation through interactive tables of content and detailed indexes
- Advanced searching tools for conducting field and full-text searches within individual books or throughout the entire E-Book Library
- Personalized accounts allow users to create bookshelves, set bookmarks, add notes, copy and print content directly, or download and print full chapters