Improve your skills this summer by taking a PubMed or RefWorks class through the McGoogan Library. Classes will be held in the library’s computer training room on the 8th floor of Wittson Hall. To sign up for these classes please register online. To request an individual session or for questions about these classes, contact Teresa Hartman at email@example.com.
Whether you are a new PubMed user or want to improve your basic skills, this course will prepare you for effective searching for peer-reviewed journal articles. Topics include:
- Constructing effective citation searches
- Locating the articles through the McGoogan Library collection
- Setting up alerts to keep up with the research.
Available dates are:
- July 5 – 1 to 3 p.m.
- July 12 – 9:30 to 11a.m.
- July 19 – 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- July 26 – 8 to 9:30 a.m.
This class is open to all UNMC and The Nebraska Medical Center personnel and students.
Those who attend will create their own free RefWorks accounts through the McGoogan Library’s RefWorks site license. Learn how to do all of the following and more by attending our hands-on RefWorks Basic Training Class.
- Create a searchable database from your MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycINFO and Google Scholar search results.
- Use that database to insert citations and create bibliographies in your papers in just minutes.
- Reformat your paper for submission to a new journal in seconds!
Available dates are:
- July 14 – 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- July 21 – 1 to 2:30 p.m.
This class is open to UNMC faculty, staff, and students only.
The Library’s redesigned web site is ready for viewing in a “beta” version (on campus only)! The goal of the redesigned site is to bring more resources to the front and reduce the amount of searching and clicking. Take a look, and let us know what you think. Give feedback using the online form
The new design has several improvements:
- McGoogan Library News, ‘About Us’, Research Help, and Services are now available on the Home Page
- Research Help, the library’s custom research portals, are now available in a drop down by group format (COD, CON, COP, etc)
- A navbar has been applied across all .html pages to help users more easily naviage the site
Input from the campus community has been incorporated into the design and is still invited, so please let us know your opinions.
Thanks to the Office of The Vice Chancellor For Research, Journal Citation Reports 2007 (JCR), ISI’s online impact factors utility, is now available to authorized UNMC users. JCR is an add-on to the VCR’s Web of Science subscription. The link to JCR is available on the McGoogan Library of Medicine’s home page (http://www.unmc.edu/library) under quick links or by selecting ‘J’ under Online Resources. Please contact the reference desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402.559.6221 (1-866-800-5209 toll-free) if you have questions or problems using JCR.
Journal Citation Reports (JCR), ISI’s online impact factors utility,Â will be available to authorized UNMC users March 2009.Â JCR is an add-on to the VCR’s Web of Science subscription.Â Â The link to JCR (and the username and password required for access) is available on the library home page under ‘quick links’ immediately above the RefWorks link.Â Â