The STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts system provides e-mail delivery and access to evidence-based medicine (EBM) information from current research of over 130 premier clinical journals. The STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts system works with McMaster University (McMaster PLUS) delivering pre-rated EBM alerts that are qualified, then rated for clinical relevance and newsworthiness by a panel of practicing physicians.
STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts offer a range of healthcare disciplines that can be chosen delivering relevant and meaningful EBM information focused on your healthcare interests, helping with your clinical decisions.
- Pick your areas of interest: Receive customized EBM e-mail alerts catered to your healthcare interests
- Time-saving flexibility: No longer scan numerous clinical journals to find the information you need. Receive relevant EBM information fast
- Daily notifications: Get daily e-mail notifications of important new research about the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, etiology and economics of medical conditions
- Free service: If your institution subscribes to STAT!Ref you have the ability to receive STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts
- Archived EBM information: Review past STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts to always have your healthcare interests at your fingertips
Consulted journals and the service disclaimer can be found on the STAT!Ref site.
In order to register for STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts, you must access it through the library’s website (TNMC employees and physicians can access through the hospital library portal) and you must create a My STAT!Ref “Preferences” account.
- Log in to STAT!Ref
- Go to “Preferences” and log in or sign up.
- If your institution has Preferences turned off, please talk to your librarian.
- After logging into Preferences, click the STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts link on the Preferences options menu to open the STAT!Ref Evidence Alerts page where you can register your alerts Profile and select your areas of interest in medicine, nursing and rehab.