The semester has started, but never fear … the McGoogan Library of Medicine is here to help. Whether online or within the library (6th floor Wittson Hall), resources and services are available to assist you with your studies. We are open 7 days a week. Here are just some of the unique features we provide:
- One-on-one assistance with research at the Reference Desk (M-F 8a-5p), via email (email@example.com), phone (559-6221 ; 866-800-5209 toll-free) or by appointment.
- 16 study rooms, one with a SmartBoard. First-come-first served checkout of keys for a 2 hour period
- Over 5,000 online journals, major databases like MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycINFO, and SciFinder, over 100 eTextbooks, and point-of-care resources like UpToDate, MDConsult, and DynaMed.
- Make paper writing easier with RefWorks – an online tool that helps organize and format your citations.
- Skulls, brain stems, and hearts, oh my! Check out anatomical models at the Circulation Desk.
- We don’t have it? Click the Order Articles link to request articles and books not in the collection. Don’t live in Omaha but we have a print journal article you need? No problem! We’ll scan it for you. All articles are delivered online with an average turnaround time of 2-business days. Most importantly, students receive their first 50 requests per fiscal year (July-June) free of charge (does not include Rush, Urgent, or Copyright royalties)
And remember ….