Question: I am retiring after working at UNMC for many years. I haven’t had time to attend many classes recently but wondered if it is possible to come back to take computing classes?
Answer: Yes! A benefit to UNMC employees is that when they retire they can attend our classes at no charge, as long as there is room in the class (there usually is). In fact, a former chancellor attended many of our classes! Just send me your email address so you’ll be on our list for notices and reminders. You can also check our web page for offerings. You will not be able to use the registration without a UNMC email address, but you can email email@example.com to let me know if you’d like to attend.
In addition, don’t forget to search other sources of free training at Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, and even Youtube, etc. Below are links to several good resources for online training:
- Goodwill Community Free Learning Online Tutorials
- Windows 7 Training (and Windows 8)
- Microsoft Office Training
- Microsoft Showcase – Casual Short Videos
- Microsoft Office 2007 Demos (usually 5-10 min) – Access - Excel - PowerPoint - Word - Publisher
- Microsoft Office 2007 Demos on other products – Project - Onenote - Infopath - Outlook – Visio
Best wishes on your retirement!