Learn IT

All Outlook objects open at once

Question: Is there a way to have the outlook Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks all open at once? I have two monitors and keep my mail open on the left and my tasks, calendar and contacts open on the right.  Each has a designated corner to which I drag them so that a piece of each window is always open and easy to click.

Answer: What a great question! A lot of people don’t realize you can have more than one window open at once. You can do this by right clicking on Calendar (or Contacts or Tasks) and select Open in New Window. but then you have to move the windows where you want. We discovered that if you first arrange the windows as you desire, and then instead of clicking on the X in the upper right to close Outlook, you instead select File > Exit. It will reopen the windows as you intended.

For these and more Outlook tips, come to our Outlook Rules and Tools on April Fools, 4/1 from 1-2 in the ITS training room, 8011 Wittson Hall. To register, click here or email csttrain@unmc.edu or call 402-559-7284.