The College of Medicine’s goal for the medical degree program is to prepare students for success in primary care or specialty fields. Throughout the course of the medical degree program, students will:
- Learn basic science, behavioral science, and clinical science concepts to integrate and apply to the diagnosis, treatment and management of patients:
- Learn and demonstrate the clinical and procedural skills necessary to meet the initial expectations of any residency program;
- Acquire and exhibit skills necessary for scholarly activity and life-long learning;
- Exhibit the attitudes and behaviors that are expected of medical professionals;
- Learn and demonstrate collaborative and leadership skills to participate in inter-professional teams; and
- Learn and exhibit written and oral communication and interpersonal skills to provide high-quality patient care.