Deadline: until filled
The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) is seeking a Communications and Community Engagement Manager to carry out work consistent with our mission of promoting excellence in state health policy and practice. The Communications and Community Engagement Manager will work with NASHP staff to implement marketing, publications and events tactics. The successful candidate will direct online community engagement strategies, utilize strong organizational and writing skills, and demonstrate a passion for media and community outreach. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Community Engagement. Some travel may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing community engagement, marketing, and online tactics.
- Creating and managing content on social media tools.
- Coordinating with and training NASHP policy staff to help manage online community.
- Utilization and analysis of community metrics and identification of user trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or marketing preferred.
- 6 years of direct experience, examples of social media work.
- Work experience in the non-profit or policy sectors.
- Healthcare knowledge.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Proven writing and editing abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent oral communication ability required
- Passion for the potential of online communities and engaging a vibrant online community of peers and experts.
- Experience evaluating the effectiveness of site content and identifying emerging user needs.
- Macintosh computer experience preferred.
View the full job description and application instructions on the NASHP website.