Deadline: until filled
Together is seeking a Veterans Support Services Specialist to serve eligible veterans needing Housing Stability assistance; explain procedures and requirements, and complete detailed assessment to provide clientele with needed homeless and homeless prevention services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Complete detailed assessment, verify veteran status to determine the needs & eligibility of clients and make referrals.
· Outreach into community programs that may have veterans in need of Together’s services.
- Maintain clients’ files & data base in a professional, confidential and orderly manner.
- Complete seamless referrals for clients to specialized agencies such as veterans’ affairs programs, job training, rehabilitation centers or other assistance as necessary.
- Confer with other homeless and homeless prevention agencies, veterans programs and government officials as required to assist clients or determine eligibility for assistance.
- Disburse homeless and homeless prevention funds targeted to veterans in consultation with the Program Director.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Flexible schedule (may work varied day and evening hours).
- Ability to build rapport with diverse populations and backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently, but committed to working as a team.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of cliental in a diverse community
· Must have an excellent driving record and reliable transportation
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Resourceful, team oriented, self sufficient, and self-motivated
• Ability to serve as an effective case manager
• Ability to negotiate effectively
• Professional appearance and manner
• Knowledge of community resources and service systems
• Proficient with MS Office and general office equipment
Education and Experience
· Minimum of Bachelors degree in Human Services or related field and/or three to five years experience working in the Human/Social Service field; preferred with the homeless/near homeless population.
View the full job description and instructions for applying on the online NAM Career Center.