Deadline: to be filled by 6/15/14
The Midlands Mentoring Project (MMP) is seeking an Operations Coordinator.
The Operations Coordinator works to support MMP staff towards fulfillment of the organization’s mission.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Because mentoring is a results-oriented strategy that improves the lives of young people, Midlands Mentoring Partnership (MMP) is dedicated to increasing the number and quality of mentoring matches in the State of Nebraska. MMP is focused on the long-term process of collective social change to improve opportunities for at-risk youth. To learn more, visitwww.mmpomaha.org.
- Coordinate and provide training sessions for mentors and mentoring staff
- Provide resource information to mentoring organizations
- Manage website updates and all online communications
- Prepare grants and other promotional narratives
- Maintain the quality of all printed, electronic and digital communications, including, but not limited to, reports, presentations, press releases, website content and social media content
- Develop materials to increase public awareness, knowledge, and practice around quality mentoring, including but not limited to overseeing the implementation of new research-based practices in mentoring programs
- Provide logistical support and communication for MMP sponsored events and meetings. Duties include, but are not limited to, identifying time and location, sending correspondence to parties involved, managing RSVPs, and preparing agendas & handouts
- Manage e-communications data base
- Collect and enter mentoring program data
- General office support duties for the Executive Director and the Director of Operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public administration, juvenile justice or related field
- Passion for mentoring and/or working with at-risk audiences
- Visionary commitment to policies that are in the best interest of MMP’s constituents
- Strong analytical skills, ability to manipulate excel spreadsheets, calculate data, and analyze aggregate data
- Experience writing reports and business correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before individuals, public groups and employees of the organization
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- An understanding of community and state resources
- Self motivated, able to work alone or in a team
- Desire to work in a growing nonprofit organization, ability to adapt, creativity, and commitment to excellence highly valued
- Familiarity with and regular usage of social media platforms
- Ability to operate proficiently a personal computer, windows office, fax machine, printer, and copier
- Valid driver’s license; proof of auto insurance; passing background check
- Design experience a plus
View the full job description and instructions for applying on the online NAM Career Center.