Deadline: until filled
The overall purpose of this job is for the philanthropic direction and guidance of Immanuel Community Vision Foundation. The primary responsibilities of this job include the development of a comprehensive program to ensure consistency in the distribution of funds consistent with the Vision and Mission of the Foundation. This will include developing guidelines, processes and procedures for grant recommendations. Identify community partners and catalysts for building programs in the communities in which Immanuel does business. The Vision Foundation Executive Director is responsible for creating a supportive and positive image in the community at large. Supports and lives out the Foundation’s Mission and CHRIST Promises.
Nature and Scope of the Job:
- Work is subject only to broad policy and general guidance from the President and CEO. Employee sets objectives and determines means and methods for achieving.
- Work consists of broad functions and processes involving assignments with several phases being pursued concurrently or sequentially. Includes largely undefined issues and elements, requiring extensive probing and analyses to determine the nature and scope of the issue. Work requires continuing efforts to establish concepts, theories or programs, or to resolve unyielding problems.
- Work methods and procedures to be followed are undefined. Employee must determine what actions to take and develop methods or approaches. Formulates and implements strategic plans to guide the direction of their area of responsibility.
- A Bachelors degree is required; master’s preferred.
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education qualifications.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of senior level management experience or related experience is required.
- Significant progressively responsible experience in the nonprofit sector or experience with a grant making foundation is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of direct supervisory experience with demonstrated strengths in people management and leadership.
Other Requirements –
- Passionate about grant management and philanthropy.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the Foundation’s focus areas is desired.
KSA- Knowledge Skills and Abilities-
- Proven ability to communicate exceptionally well in writing or in person in front of small or large groups.
- Outstanding interpersonal and facilitation skills in serving as a neutral facilitator. .
- Confident, mature presentation skills with an ability to develop immediate credibility with diverse parties, including both internal and external constituents.
- Sensitivity to the position of the Foundation in the community and variety of viewpoints that exist regarding the Foundation’s role.
- Knowledge and experience in strategy, capacity building and evaluation, especially with respect to the philanthropic sector.
- Knowledge of federal government funding streams and cycles preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with proposal writing and grant distribution.
- Skills and experience in managing budgets and goals. Strong organization and computer skills.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks with various deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal, tact and diplomatic skills in interactions at all levels.
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities and experience developing and presenting analytical reports.
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor in the areas of grant management throughout the organization and exhibit sound judgment and discretion.
- Ability and willingness to be constructively assertive as needed, across, down and up in the organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with other business partners.
- Ability to be poised and confident with executive presence, manifest leadership, professionalism and interpersonal acumen.
- Ability to achieve results through strong written, verbal and visual communication
- Ability to anticipate the need for others, keeping President and CEO, Board and co-workers informed as to important activities.
- Ability to interface with and influence other executives inside the organization and outside of the organization, and leaders in the community, other foundations and non-profit organizations.
View full job description and apply online here.