Deadline: until filled. Prefer someone who can start ASAP
NACCHO is seeking applications for two paid graduate-level fellowships to work as a part of our Health and Disability Project.
Fellows will work under the guidance of the Health and Disability Staff at NACCHO’s Headquarters in Washington, DC. Fellows will work with NACCHO staff members to meet the following objectives:
1. Increasing the number of states thoughtfully including people with disabilities into mainstream public health promotion activities;
2. Educating public health workforce on the inclusion of people with disabilities into program activities and interventions; and
3. Conducting a study on current levels of funding, staffing, and programmatic activities at state and local health departments focusing on the health of people with disabilities.
As a part of their fellowship, fellows will receive mentorship and guidance from NACCHO’s experienced health and disability staff. Fellows will:
1. Receive guidance on development and execution of project deliverables;
2. Be introduced to local-, state-, and national-level disability and health partners through meetings and conferences; and
3. Be evaluated on their awareness and knowledge of health and disability issues through administration of a pre- and post-assessment.
Graduate students (Masters or PhD students) in public health, health education, or related field preferred. Students currently in school and who recently completed school will be considered. Prefer students with background or interest in disability/disability studies. Students with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.