Deadline: February 5, 2014
Job Summary: Develop a proactive educational program of excellence with evidence of needs assessment, direct teaching and program impact. The primary program assignment is Nutrition, Food and Health and Youth Development. This position will also provide strong local and regional leadership for focused, comprehensive educational programs of excellence in food safety, nutrition, health and wellness issues (particularly childhood obesity and consequences of obesity).
Partnerships with area schools, Nebraska Dietetic Association, Nebraska Restaurant Association, regional healthcare facilities and health departments and other educational organizations and agencies in the area is essential. Actively participate in the Nutrition Food and Health and 4-H Actions Teams.
- Master’s degree required; one degree in nutrition, nutrition and exercise science, health education or closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by start date.
- Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e. publications, teaching experiences, presentations).
- Experience and demonstrated ability in working with youth and youth organizations including understanding of positive youth development and youth program management.
- Registered dietitian required.
- Experience in working with individuals, coworkers, and teams to accomplish individual and/or group goals, as evidenced by college, career, and/or community activities.
- Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
- Ability to utilize web and distance learning technologies for educational program delivery.
- Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
- Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting and/or cost recovery efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
- Demonstrated experience/training in the recruitment, training, mentoring and management of volunteers.
- Spanish language proficiency.