ConAgra Foods is seeking a summer Enterprise Statistics Intern to be a contributing member of a team that brings together leading-edge technical knowledge to provide support for RQI. Individuals will gain insight into the use of statistics in product development while assisting professionals in programs and projects.
The Statistics Intern serves as a resource to the Stats team in the analysis and reporting of insights to the Sensory group and RQI at large. Depending on their skill set, the intern experience can range from designing research projects to acquiring or growing skills in the area of Mixed Models, DOE, Sensometrics, SAS programming, or R programming. An interest in food science or consumer research would be advantageous. He or she will be mentored and receive technical and research training, as needed.
The Stats Intern must be capable of working in a collaborative environment, demonstrated by sharing ideas, opinions and expertise.
Provide support on product testing analyses and test design.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating Experimental Designs suitable for the client
- Creating product rotations for consumer tests.
- Analyzing consumer tests.
- Act in a consulting role for scientists throughout RQI
- Create reports and presentations to visualize data
- Presentation of a key project to senior leadership
Knowledge, Experience, and Education:
- Completed coursework in statistics
- Some experience with SAS and/or R.
- Completion of the first year of graduate coursework strongly preferred
View the full job description on the ConAgra online job site.