Deadline: until filled
Hunger Free Heartland, with Food Bank for the Heartland is seeking a Program Manager to develop and manage innovative programs to address child hunger in the Omaha metro area and across the State of Nebraska.
· Become a subject matter expert on federal child nutrition programs, specifically breakfast and summer, and other strategies to address child hunger and food insecurity;
· Manage HFH’s School Breakfast program:
• Introduce and implement program with school officials and partners;
• Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including community organizations, state, city and county officials and agency staff, teachers, parents, school administrators, food services staff, afterschool and summer providers, etc. to ensure buy-in;
• Provide technical assistance and engage stakeholders through training, meetings and presentations, site visits, and support materials;
• Evaluate program implementation and work with schools and partners to establish and use best practices to expand program participation; Coordinate the collection and analysis of data on program participation rates and trends and related metrics;
• Supervise consultants and volunteers;
· In collaboration with the Food Bank for the Heartland’s Program Team, coordinate outreach and provide implementation support for the summer meals program;
· Participate in Child Hunger Ends Here Partner Meetings;
· Assist in the development of grant reports;
· Assist with other HFH programs, events and duties as assigned by the HFH Director
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Commitment to the Food Bank’s mission
· Commitment and passion for ending child hunger;
· A self-starter with good self-management skills, attention to detail and organizational skills;
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
· Comfortable working with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Knowledge of federal nutrition programs is strongly desired;
· Available for occasional night and weekend work.
Education and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field and two years of experience working for a nonprofit or human services agency; Equivalent experience considered in lieu of education;
· Program or project management experience required;
· Experience leading project teams desired;
· Supervision experience preferred.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sarah Grobbelaar at email@example.com or call 402.331.1213 to inquire.
View the job description online at the NAM Career Center.