Deadline: until filled
This mission related position with the Susan G. Komen Nebraska affiliate is responsible for administering all aspects of the Affiliate’s grant making process, community and advocacy outreach programs and coordination of the Affiliate’s breast health education programs. This position requires an ability to build strong relationships with community organizations, volunteers, colleagues and the health care community. This person is charged with identifying potential grantees and developing educational opportunities.
- Coordinate the research and writing of the Community Profile. Continually assess gaps and needs in breast health services in the Nebraska Affiliate 91 county service area.
- Guide the mission functions of the Affiliate based on the Community Needs Assessment.
- Utilize skill and knowledge of community needs to update the Community Profile.
Education and Outreach and Volunteer Management
- Develop, manage, coordinate, and evaluate educational programs within the service area that meet the needs and gaps identified in the Community Profile.
- Serve as an advocate and primary resource on breast health, cancer treatment and access to community-based health services. Maintain current information and working knowledge on educational issues and breast health resources available throughout the service area in order to then respond to inquiries from the community
- Build, encourage and support partnerships with local churches, community organizations, health care organizations, schools, corporations and others to implement successful educational programs for diverse populations.
- Facilitate and oversee distribution of educational materials to the general public, grantees, or health care facilities to ensure a high level of visibility for the affiliate among key partners. Maintain current inventory of resources and educational materials, including re-ordering function.
- Develop and administer volunteer program. Recruit, orient, train, and supervise volunteers needed to support education and outreach efforts, and implement volunteer training program for all Affiliate volunteers. Program includes recruitment, placement, management, retention and recognition to ensure positive experience for volunteers.
- Develop and implement the education outreach plan, including development of the speaker’s bureau, to include development of speaking materials, building good relationships in community and educational outreach
- Work collaboratively with the Grant and Mission Committee to manage all aspects of the Community and Small Grants program, and maintain database of grantees and potential grantees for RFA mailings
- Build, encourage and support relationships with local churches, community organizations, health care organizations, schools, corporations and other key stakeholders across the service area to ensure there is a diverse and adequate pool of qualified grantees and grant committee reviewers
- Administer grants, monitor grantee programs, and maintain working relationship with grantees.
- Coordinate grantee site visits and assist with grants related events such as an annual grants writing workshop.
- Write, edit and maintain mission related content mission related items on Affiliate website and other media (online, newspaper, etc.)
- Support the public policy efforts of the Affiliate
- Maintain records of educational work, census populations served, current/accurate statistics and all grant files.
- Support the public policy efforts of the Affiliate, including representation at local and national public policy events as required
- Assist the Board and Executive Director in developing Affiliate strategic plan related to Mission
- Attend meetings and planning sessions in health care community
- Other activities deemed appropriate by Executive Director that will promote and enhance breast health services throughout the service area.
- Minimum of B.A./B.S. in public health, social work, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related field, non profit experience a plus.
- Have access to transportation and valid driver’s license
- Bilingual a plus
This position requires travel, some evening and weekend work.
View the job description and apply online via CareerLink.