Deadline: until filled
Alegent Creighton Health is seeking a Wellness Manager to design and maintain the company wellness program.
This position contributes to the mission and vision of Alegent Health within the organization through by designing and maintaining a comprehensive worksite wellness and safety program that can be held up as a model to other organizations. The program goals are to create a culture of wellness and safety, measurably improve the health of employees, and control health care costs.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
This position reports directly to the HR Services Director with direction from the Executive Wellness Committee. This incumbent manages the workers compensation, employee safety, transitional employment and wellness HR staff members. This incumbent works collaboratively with members of the HR staff and management across the organization to achieve strategic project objectives and meet set timelines.
- Designs and maintains company Wellness Program.
- Work to form an integrated approach to wellness that broadens the current scope of employee wellness activities across the organization. This approach should leverage and integrate existing services such as ACH Wellness Centers, Diabetes management, health coaching, smoking cessation, Weight Management, Rehab Services, Primary Care, community partnership such as the YMCA, etc. Works collaboratively with the OD’s of these clinical areas.
- Devotes substantial time to connecting across the organization to engage clinics, ambulatory sites, hospitals, rural facilities, food service, occupational health and support areas in building a culture of Wellness across the organization.
- Provides leadership and direction of the Employee Wellness Committee to take authentic action to engage local leadership and frontline employees in building a culture of wellness
- Provides sponsorship and oversight to the System Employee Safety Council.
- Directs the local workers compensation, employee safety, and transitional employment programs.
- Coordinates annual onsite health screenings.
- Work in partnership with the CHI National wellness manager and the online health management application vendor.
- Develop and manage the local wellness portal and tools to include toolkits for individuals and managers on improving wellness within their life and their work teams.
- Compile and analyze wellness data and trends from various sources to drive program development.
- Develop, manage, and deliver wellness programs such as behavior modification, seminars, incentive programs, special events, etc.
- Design and track metrics and manage costs related to wellness in order to produce a ROI for the wellness program. Present metrics and ROI data to the executive wellness committee.
- Embrace the wellness mission and serve as a wellness role model to others
Desired Skills and Experience
EDUCATION AND/OR LICENSURE:
A minimum of five years of wellness programming experience (preferably in a health system environment) is preferred. Experience with employee safety and workers compensation preferred. A Bachelor’s Degree in Health Promotions or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. ACSM, CHES, NSCA or similar certification is preferred.
- Solid exercise physiology and nutrition background with experience in developing and implementing worksite fitness/wellness programs to reduce health risk(s).
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication and influence skills.
- Ability to lead and participate in wellness activities such as Corporate Cycling Challenge, group fitness classes, etc.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability effectively communicate to diverse audiences.
- Solid team building, project management and implementation skills.
- Basic understanding of health cost management strategies.
- Ability to measure and evaluate wellness efforts and effectiveness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Outlook.