Deadline: until filled
Hunger Free Heartland is seeking a Director to be a catalyst for change by leading and coordinating the community-wide initiative to end child hunger in the Omaha metro area.
· Provides overall direction to the organization; participates in development of strategic plan and annual goals.
· Develops and maintains overall HFH budget; responsible for all accounts receivable and payable.
· Coordinates and monitors all components of the ConAgra Omaha Plan initiative including identifying new collaborative opportunities and appropriate metrics.
· Leads HFH Steering Committee and ensures that all HFH Action Teams operate in an effective manner.
· Helps to create and communicate the vision of HFH; markets the coalition through community awareness, media relations and other public relations methods.
· Collaborates with other entities to develop effective partnerships; develops and maintains effective relationships with community organizations, press and media.
· Works with HFH partners to identify barriers and gaps within the strategic initiatives;
· Provides subject matter expertise needed for effective advocacy at the local and state level.
· Understands and facilitate development of action plans for community engagement including awareness of childhood hunger, events, social media, and maintenance of HFH website.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Commitment and passion for ending child hunger;
· Strong collaborative and management skills;
· Excellent leadership, networking and communication skills;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Ability to plan, prioritize and delegate.
· High level of initiative and self-direction.
· Excellent oral and written communication;
· Availability for occasional night and weekend work.
Education and experience:
· Bachelors degree required; master’s degree in human services, education or administration preferred;
· Experience in working with coalitions or leading volunteer groups;
· Experience in facilitating project teams and multiple stakeholder groups required;
· Experience with press and media preferred;
· Experience in advocacy or policy work preferred.
For more information, and instructions for how to apply, visit the listing at the NAM Career Center.