Grand Island Community Foundation is seeking a full-time Program Officer to help fulfill the Foundation’s mission of uniting donors with philanthropic opportunities that enhance the quality of life in Central Nebraska.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and team-oriented with strong communication skills (verbal and written), computer proficiency and professionalism. This position is responsible for oversight of the office, grant/scholarship programs, program reports and professional correspondence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Exhibit professional customer service skills at all times
2. Assist with general office/administrative duties to include answering calls, greeting visitors, daily records and office supplies/equipment
3. Assist with special meetings, events and projects
4. Contribute to the team environment through collaboration and problem solving
5. Demonstrate commitment to the mission and vision of the Foundation.
1. Responsible for thank you letters for program donations
2. Research funding opportunities for the Foundation and community
3. Produce quarterly program statements and letters
4. Assist the CEO with news releases, meeting correspondence and mailings
5. Assist with the newsletter and communication with program partners
1. Establish and maintain the Foundation’s grant/scholarship programs and guidelines
2. Develop and manage a thorough evaluation system to measure the effectiveness of the Foundation’s discretionary grant/scholarship programs and initiatives
3. Prepare reports on the status of current initiatives
4. Maintain grant/scholarship files and database information
5. Promote the grant/scholarship program through the website, social media and community contacts
View the full job description and instructions for applying at the NAM Career Center