Deadline: 9/15/13 (or until filled)
The Midlands Mentoring Project (MMP) is seeking a Program & Communications Coordinator to develop and implement communications and research-based programming with MMP’s key constituencies and stakeholders. The Coordinator’s primary responsibility includes promoting MMP’s mission to advance public awareness, knowledge, and practice around quality mentoring & working to advocate for high-risk youth.
The Midlands Mentoring Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that works to increase the number and quality of mentoring programs in the Omaha Metro. The purpose of the Midlands Mentoring Partnership is to promote awareness and build the youth mentoring movement as not just nice, but necessary, address underserved populations and communities to increase the number and quality of mentoring relationships, increase the awareness and practice of mentoring standards in the community, increase collaboration between mentoring agencies & connect resources for mentoring agencies, and raise the discussion level about data collection & evaluation to new heights. To learn more, visit www.mmpomaha.org.
Accountability: This position reports directly to the Director of Training, Data & Quality Assurance.
Hours: Full time employee with Mon-Fri/flexible schedule. Occasional evenings/weekends. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and generous paid time off.
- Teach strategies and skills to youth and families with involvement in the juvenile justice system.
- Visit youth that are incarcerated.
- Visit & evaluate prospective mentors.
- Represent MMP at community meetings, including coordinating presentations, attending volunteer drives, and educating the public about the work of the organization.
- Assist in the implementation of annual mentoring recruitment campaign by serving as the liaison between the organization and sponsors, donors and other partners.
- Coordinate and oversee planning and implementation of the MMP annual mentoring summit, including coordinating speakers, event venue, and event registration.
- Provide logistical support and communication for MMP sponsored events and meetings. Duties include, but are not limited to, identifying time and location, sending correspondence to parties involved, managing RSVPs, and preparing agendas & handouts.
- Responsible for the quality of all printed, electronic and digital communications, including, but not limited to, reports, presentations, press releases, website content and social media content.
- Develop materials to increase public awareness, knowledge, and practice around quality mentoring, including but not limited to overseeing the implementation of new research-based practices in mentoring programs.
- General office duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
For more information, and to apply, visit the NAM Career Center online.