Deadline: until filled
The Women’s Center for Advancement (WCA) is seeking someone to provide one on one support services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault (DV/SA), with special emphasis on the military population. Facilitate/lead support groups for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Assist in the design of peer and group support curriculum, as well as the design and implementation of trauma informed care training for the WCA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one support services to military connected victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Develop and lead support groups for victims and a separate group for family members.
- Maintain client files and complete reports.
- Provide one-on-one case management to clients regarding DV/SA and Military Sexual Trauma (MST).
- Assist the Development team in identifying donors/foundations interested in programming related to support of military-connected victims of DV/SA.
- Represent the WCA at community outreach events and cultivate collaboration with other community stakeholders.
- Promote the program to populations in order to encourage group participation.
- Assist in the development of training curriculum for trauma informed care practices and facilitate the training for the WCA.
- Assist in the development of the peer and group support curricula
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Criminal Justice or related field is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred. Three to five years experience providing direct service to military personnel and their family members is strongly preferred. Knowledge of military culture and issues experienced by military members and their families is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with a diverse client population and cultural backgrounds.
- Understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking.
- Ability to problem solve with clients.
- Previous experience in training or facilitation of groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Previous experience in development and implementation of programming.
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and database programs.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Regular and predictable attendance required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for organization business.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
- Commitment to the mission of the Women’s Center for Advancement.
To apply, visit Career Link. (Hiring Manager: Justine O’Neill-Hedlund