Central Stair Tower Closed
Facilities Management and Planning will close the Central Stair Tower in the Wittson Hall / McGoogan Library Building to normal access during the following times in order to paint the stair tower:
- Friday, August 29, 2014, at 6:00 P.M. until Saturday August 30, 2014, at 6:00 P.M. (Approximately)
- Sunday August 31, 2014, at 6:00 A.M. until Sunday August 31, 2014, at 6:00 P.M. (Approximately)
- Tuesday, September 2, 2014, at 6:00 P.M. until Wednesday, September 3, 2014, at 6:00A.M. (Approximately)
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014, at 6:00 P.M. until Thursday, September 4, 2014, at 6:00 A.M. (Approximately)
The stair closing will affect floors 1 through 6. Please use the elevators. The Central Stair tower will not be restricted for emergency use. In the event of an emergency the stair tower shall be used for egress.
If anyone has questions regarding this shutdown, please contact Marvin Olson at 402-510-7245 as soon as possible. Since it is vital that everyone working on floors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the WHM building be aware of the stair closing, please mention it to your colleagues.
Air Handling Units-4, 6 and 8 Shutdown
Facilities Management and Planning will shutdown Air Handling Units-4, 6 and 8 in the Wittson Hall / McGoogan Library Building on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. for electrical upgrades.
This will affect:
- Office spaces on the north east side of 2nd floor (this will not affect the animal areas on 2nd floor)
- Labs and office spaces on north side of 3rd floor
- All the labs on 4th floor
- North end of the Chancellor’s Office spaces on 5th floor
- Chancellor’s temporary offices on north west side of 5th floor
- The north half of the McGoogan Library on floors 6, 7, and 8
If anyone has questions regarding this shutdown, please contact Marvin Olson at 402-510-7245 as soon as possible. Since it is vital that everyone working on floors 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 of the WHM building be aware of the shutdown, please mention it to your colleagues.
Air Management Systems
On Thursday, 27, 2014, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. air handling units and exhaust fans 12A, B, & C in the Wittson Hall building will be turned off. This will affect fume hoods and bio-safety cabinets in the following rooms:
3002 3004 3005 3006 3009 3011
3018 3020 4001 4003 4004 4005
4006 4009 4010 4011 4012 4014
4016 4016C 4018 4020 4022 4022A
4023 4024 4025 4026 4027 4028
4033 4034 4037 4038 4043 4046
4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4059
Airflow in all fume hoods will be reduced and individual hoods will go into alarm.
If you have any questions, please contact me (Marvin O.) at 402-510-7245 or Jerome Kazakevicius at 888-1746. Since it is vital that everyone working in the above listed rooms located in the Wittson Hall building be aware of the shut down, I ask that you mention it to your colleagues.