Center for Global Health and Development

Sunday, the 26th

I have been in India for over a week now and my sleeping is finally getting back to normal.  Yesterday, I went out into the field again, we were able to interview 4. The third house we visited, we were placed inside a dark empty room with no window where we sat on the floor.  Children and others gathered at the door leaving little room to breathe.  It was hot and there were flies everywhere.  In my shoes, on the floor, by my eyes.  I wanted to tell the kids to move away from the door but didn’t have the heart to, instead I found their big red ball, that the little boy had been licking, and started to play catch with three little girls and the boy. It was a lot of fun and turned out to be one of the more enjoyable homes I’ve visited. I asked the little boy if he wanted to come with me and they all wanted me to stay :)  It was very sweet.  Today, I walked to the market down the street.  It is super scary crossing the streets here.  I held the guy’s hand, who was guiding me, like a little kid.  After the market, I did laundry which took a long time.  Articles of clothing are still drying.  I then went to work on my project, started getting ready to analyze the data when I get home.  A man from the Gates Foundation was here tonight and I had a chance to meet with him.  Dr. Panigrahi presented over the history of AIPH.  It’s been a good and productive weekend.  I am ready to get back into the field tomorrow!