Thanks for Participating in World No Tobacco Day’s Online Activities!

We would like to thank everyone who participated in our online social media information and advocacy project for World No Tobacco Day (WNTD)!  As part of this project, the Center and MOTAC were able to reach more than 2000 people through:

Tobacco use is one of the leading preventable causes of death. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the global tobacco epidemic kills nearly 6 million people each year, of which more than 600,000 are people exposed to second-hand smoke. Unless we act, it will kill up to 8 million people by 2030, of which more than 80% will live in low- and middle-income countries.  Every year, World No Tobacco Day (May 31), is geared to be a 24-hour abstinence from tobacco and all its products is encouraged throughout the world. WNTD also hopes to draw attention to widespread tobacco use, the health hazards that stem from it, and this year the tobacco industry’s interference.

We hope that this is just the beginning of a strong tobacco-free movement and that everyone will continue to be involved in the tobacco control movement!

One thought on “Thanks for Participating in World No Tobacco Day’s Online Activities!

1. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and
    entertaining, and without a doubt, you have hit the nail on the head.

The problem is something which too few folks are speaking intelligently about.

I’m very happy that I came across this during my hunt for something relating to this.