After exhausting all options for entering in One Chart, if you must use a paper record (ie: MRI), please do the following when the case is finished:
Pens: Ancient instruments used for placing marks on paper.
1 .Make a photocopy of the Anesthesia record and put it in the envelope with your narcs for Pharmacy.
2. Let the RT’s know (or give to them) the pink copy of the Anesthesia record and the green sheet for the hospital billing.
3. Send the yellow copy of the Anesthesia record to Melinda in the Anesthesia office in an intercampus envelope. She will send it to the billers.
The white/ original record will stay with the patient.
Thanks to Dr. Ellis for this tip.
- Open a patient chart and click the orders button along the top
- Scroll down and open the Order Set you want to edit by checking the box and then clicking the “Open order set” button (in red) – There may be some suggested order sets as shown below. If not, you can search for each of them in the search bar and then after you select each of them, right click and select “add to favorites”
- After you open the Order set, there will be a black hyperlink that says “manage user order sets” click on this hyperlink
- Click the “save defaults” hyperlink
- Make your preferences! You can change frequency of vitals, medication dosages, anything!
For more complete instructions with screen shots please check out the Epic Wikki file on the J-drive. Thanks to everyone for contributing to the Wikki.
Thanks to Kaitlyn Pellegrino for this tip.
Officially, the OR nurses will document incision time but many providers would like to indicate skin incision on their anesthesia record as well. This event does not appear under our general events menu but is easy to find. Until it is added to the general events tab, you can find it as follows:
1. Click Events.
2. Click L&D.
3. Click Skin Incision.
Special thanks to Dr. Miketic for pointing this tip out.