Welcome!

Welcome to the UNMC Anesthesia blog! 

The purpose of this blog is to serve as a venue for news, information and education.  Check in here to not only get information about events happening in the department but also articles about key topics in anesthesia, board question review and editorials. 

“Why a blog?” you ask.

My experience with blogs has largely been in the realm of hobbies and general news.  One day, however, I was visiting Anesthesiology’s website.  I noticed a link to subscribe to Page2.  Page 2 is the blog for the ASA publication and after subscribing I must say it is a great source for news in Anesthesia and recent articles in the Journal.  If you are anything like me, you perhaps don’t get Anesthesiology read cover-to-cover every month.  Page 2 is a great way to get clued in to the articles of interest.  It has also motivated me to pick up my copy of Anesthesiology and check it out.

This is just one example of how blogs create a platform for experts to share information in an entirely new way.   In fact, the use of blogs for medical education and in medicine in general is rapidly rising.   I hope you will check back in with us and see what we have to offer.  I have some great authors and posts lined up.

Here’s to living in the digital age,

Jennifer Adams, MD