UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Alum hired as PT clin ed director

Nikki SleddensNikki Sleddens, PT, MPT, CEEAA, is the new director of clinical education for our physical therapy program. She graduated from the UNMC PT Program in 1995. Since graduating, Nikki has worked in a variety of clinical settings with the majority of her clinical work being with geriatric clients in the inpatient and home health setting. She made the transition from clinical practice to the education setting in 2009 when she became the academic coordinator of clinical education and program instructor, and eventually the program chair, for a PTA program.

More about Nikki in her own words:

“My husband Jeff and I live in Lincoln. We have been blessed with two children, two dogs and many friends and family in the area. My son recently graduated from high school and is currently attending college at UNL. He is majoring in computer science and is happy to have the first semester of his freshman year completed! My daughter is in eighth grade. She is very involved in band, choir, theater, and speech. All of these activities tend to keep us pretty busy, but in my spare time, I enjoy my morning workout sessions either at the gym or running with my friends, cooking, reading, playing golf, and going to movies.”

1 comment

1. Greg Karst says:

Nikki: Welcome to the School of Allied Health Professions! We in Academic and Student Affairs look forward to working with you.