In case you missed it in UNMC Today, today, we’ll be starting up a new wellness activity September 1. It’s super easy to sign up (I just did it and the instructions are below). Also, it sounds super easy to participate (just track ANY kind of physical activity that you do for 10 minutes), so LET’s DO THIS, folks!
Here’s a link to the article: New wellness initiative to begin in September
To register for the challenge, follow simple steps below:
- Go to the WalkingWorks website and click on the “Sign Up” link.
- A drop-down menu will appear with a list of plan names. Highlight “Nebraska, Blue Cross and Blue Shield“
- Then select the following:
- Group: WELCOM and BCBSNE
- Program: 2013 Group A WalkingWorks Corporate Challenge
- Team: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Continuing on the same screen, fill out the registration form by typing your name, email address, password, age group, participation level and work zip code (this is the five-digit postal zip code, not the campus zip code).
- Click “Submit.”
- Review and confirm your registration information.
- Login using your email address and newly created password.
Once you sign up, you’ll receive weekly e-mail reminders and tips, and you’ll be able to track your personal and team progress on the website.